My life by definition...

Why did I choose this title? Because it is my life...Jesus is life! This is my position, concerning my condition...my life by definition. I hope each and every day I am a light of God's word. This is my LIFE by definition of God's WORD. Hand in hand. Amen!

Thursday, March 8, 2012

It's like going on a bad vacation

Surgery that is. 

I have been preparing all week! 

Doing loads of laundry.
Grading papers to post for 3rd quarter grades.
Doing chores early.
Washing sheets.
Extra grocery shopping for after surgery foods.
 And then to top it all off...SUB PLANS!

I don't know if a sub would think I'm their most glorious dream for a teacher, or their worst nightmare.  I wish I would have taken a picture of the sub plans for y'all today.  I have post it notes on my computer table and desk telling the sub that my sub plans are on the kidney table. I have labeled every page of every teacher edition that they may need.  Everything is highly organized and explained.  I am such a control freak!

My worst fear today was not knowing the amount of days I was going to have to take off.

My surgery is laparoscopic.  No large incision.  Still major surgery, but people can return to work much quicker with this type of surgery.  Surgery is tomorrow and hopefully I can return to work Tuesday.  That means I would only miss Monday with my kids because there is no school tomorrow. 

Problem is, I won't know when I can go back to work until my post-op appointment on Monday!

Stress for a control freak!

So I made sub plans all the way through Wednesday.  I have everything mapped out and detailed.  I am so afraid, however, that one of the subs might mess up my routine for the next one! AHHHH!

Good thing I have my dearest friend and wonderful interpreter in my room.  She can keep them on track and text me daily for my sanity!

I am so worried about everything.

Surgery

Hurting

Potential lifetime change in my eating habits

4-6 weeks of no lifting or working out

It's just such an upheaval of my life!  I know that it is going to help me rely on God a heck of a lot more.  I am going to have to rely on him to not stress about work when I'm out.  I'm going to have to know that everything will be fine during the surgery and if it is not, it's because it's in His will.  I will have to have his constant help to remind me to take it easy for the 4-6 weeks after. 

I pray that I can find peace in this whole situation. 

Ironically, as I'm writing this my dear friend Darla texted me. 



Obviously God speaking through her!! What a blessing!!

And it tells me I need to get off the computer because it's making me worry. 

Love you all.  Please pray!

Blessings,

Tilly

No comments:

Post a Comment